VERA & JOHN
‘Vera & John’ was featured in the 2017 sumer issue of Source, the Photographic review; on BBC Radio London’s Robert Elms show on Friday 17th February and in the Guardian on Saturday 28th January. Photomonitor also interviewed me about the project in July 2017.
- “A moving and important project” Greg Hobson
- “A wonderful project with my 3 favourite L’s - language, love and London” Karen McQuaid, curator, the Photographers Gallery
- “Probably the sweetest, funniest book published so far this year”.
- “Truly lovely, the bits of life and love that get forgotten”.
- “A fab potrait of family life. Written on the back of everyday envelopes, Vera leaves notes to John. Funny, ordinary, addictive & touching!”
- “I laughed out loud at the note about the barbecue bar! Brilliant idea for a book”.
- “Absolutely wonderful. The whole thing made me smile—a lot”.
- “Thank god there’s always the real world. It has become so easy to forget that”.
- “Lovely idea for a book. We should all do this. Before we self delete. Is there a way to save and print our texts?”
- “Absolutely, Beautiful Idea. Beautiful Life”.
- “Your history, our history, London ‘istory”
- “Anyone who can’t see the warmth and family values I feel sort of sad for. This is real family lucky for them”.
- “Vera & John - a reminder that life, like love, is in the little things!”
- “Delighted to receive my copy! Thank you and well done to Jason Wilde I couldn’t wait to read it and it brought tears to my eyes as I thought about the notes on scrap paper that me and my mum and dad used to communicate with before mobile phones! Wish I’d kept them”