VERA & JOHN
‘Vera & John’ was featured in The Guardian this weekend with a really nice article by Giuilia Rhodes. They also sent a photographer to mum and dads house to photograph the three of us - which went down very well with the folks. I think they like the attention they are receiving - especially the mum. She has been stopped and congratulated a fair few times while shopping on Camden High Street by folk that know of the project.
VERA & JOHN
‘Vera & John’ was featured on BBC Radio London’s Robert Elms show this morning. They kindly invited me in to talk about the book and how it came together. Even though Robert Elms had been knocked off of his bike on the way to work and was in pain due to a couple of broken bones, he was still very professional and put me at ease with his easy going chit-chat.
VERA & JOHN
‘Vera & John’ was featured in the 2017 sumer issue of Source, the Photographic review; on BBC Radio London’s Robert Elms show on Friday 17th February and in the Guardian on Saturday 28th January. Photomonitor also interviewed me about the project in July 2017.
- “A moving and important project” Greg Hobson
- “A wonderful project with my 3 favourite L’s - language, love and London” Karen McQuaid, curator, the Photographers Gallery
- “Probably the sweetest, funniest book published so far this year”.
- “Truly lovely, the bits of life and love that get forgotten”.
- “A fab potrait of family life. Written on the back of everyday envelopes, Vera leaves notes to John. Funny, ordinary, addictive & touching!”
- “I laughed out loud at the note about the barbecue bar! Brilliant idea for a book”.
- “Absolutely wonderful. The whole thing made me smile—a lot”.
- “Thank god there’s always the real world. It has become so easy to forget that”.
- “Lovely idea for a book. We should all do this. Before we self delete. Is there a way to save and print our texts?”
- “Absolutely, Beautiful Idea. Beautiful Life”.
- “Your history, our history, London ‘istory”
- “Anyone who can’t see the warmth and family values I feel sort of sad for. This is real family lucky for them”.
- “Vera & John - a reminder that life, like love, is in the little things!”
- “Delighted to receive my copy! Thank you and well done to Jason Wilde I couldn’t wait to read it and it brought tears to my eyes as I thought about the notes on scrap paper that me and my mum and dad used to communicate with before mobile phones! Wish I’d kept them”